Ground Lean Beef
20 min Preparation
- 454 g (1 lb) of Fontaine Family lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) breadcrumbs
- 60 mL (¼ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (796 ml - 28 oz.)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with herbs and spices (796 ml - 28 oz.)
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) tomato purée
- 125 mL (½ cup) onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 60 mL (¼ cup) water
- In a saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients and simmer over medium heat.
- While the sauce is cooking, mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, shape the mixture into balls then add them to the sauce.
- Cook for about an hour and 15 minutes.