Ground Lean Beef
- 454 g (1 lb) of Fontaine Familly lean ground beef
2 acorn or delicata squash
30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
60 mL (¼ cup) chopped celery
60 mL (¼ cup) diced yellow bell pepper
60 mL (¼ cup) diced orange bell pepper
250 mL (1 cup) tomato coulis
250 mL (1 cup) grated Gruyère cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 400 F.
- Cut the squash in half, then remove the seeds and strands using a spoon.
- Lightly oil, salt and pepper the squash then place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, flesh side facing down. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, brown the meat in the remaining oil for eight minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add onion, garlic, peppers and celery and continue cooking for four minutes. Add half the cheese and stir well to melt.
- Pour in the coulis, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Remove the squash from the oven, stuff with meat and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Return to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.